Friday, June 7, 2013

First picture

This ultrasound was done at 8 weeks, 0 days. It was our first ultrasound and our last appointment with RE before being released to the OB.

We have 2 babies growing (baby B is a little fuzzy in this, but everything looks good). Both babies looked good and had great heartbeats.

I have spent the 8 week mark with a cold complete with laryngitis, so it took me a couple of days before I had enough of a voice to call to schedule the first OB appointment which has been set to occur when I am 12 weeks along with these babies.

My family and the few friends who know are excited. Actually, my sister who has kids is over the moon. Every day, she tells me what she is saving for me from her own collection of baby stuff and she has already told me that she is getting stuff together for my baby shower. Baby shower...my mom suggested we do this in September when my sis is in town, so it is still a few months away. I appreciate her excitement. I was excited when she was pregnant too, but she is topping the charts with her enthusiasm.

Other than the cold, I have been managing fairly well since the OHSS. It took a couple of weeks for the swelling to subside, but I am finally able to wear some of my clothes again for the moment, though I am again outgrowing them at this point.

Since this is my first pregnancy, I am not sure what to compare it to, but there really hasn't been a day that has gone by that I haven't felt something...round ligament pain, cramping, soreness, something to remind me that there are amazing things happening inside me right now. I'm going through that mix of excitement and terror with my emotions, but overall I am enjoying this.

No comments: